Gig of ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
My motherboard: Epox 8KDA3I

Okay first things first, how do I flash my bios? I downloaded the necesary bios version, and inside the rar/zip is a .bin file, and a .exe. I ran the exe and got a dos prompt with no words or anything for one second then it closed. I guess my bios is updated?

Secondly I have currently 2x512Mb XXXXXXX sticks in my system currently, and it's working fine, but I wanted to go to 1.5gigs for more performance. I need to remove one 512 stick to get 1.5gigs. If I fill all my slots I will downclock my ram, so I want to only have 2 sticks in my computer and not 3.

Lastly is my problem at hand. I just bought a one gig stick from NE (VS1GB400CS3) and this ram doesn't like me. I tried to boot with this stick in my system by itself before the flash, and after, but my computer refuses to post with it in there. If I stick one stick of my XXXXXXX and the Corsair it goes all the way to Windows, then gives me a checkdisc, and then crashes. I also tried this stick in my recently puttogether computer, and the same thing happened.

Here are two of my errors I experience:
Something like this (dwwin.exe could not be read/found blah blah 0x000005)
Or this one (Procedure entry PointMépViewOfFile could not be located in Kernel32.dll Title:winlogon.exe)

to flash your bios refer to your mobo manual. and you wouldn't be downclocked if they're the speed, and some mobo have a specific memory slot if you're just using one ram. so refer to manual.

because I use a newcastle core my ram will downclock to 333mhz, and the timing will be changed.

Ill check my manual to find out how to flash the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom