UPS (uninterruptible power source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

honor man

Baseband Member
hi, i was looking into buying one for when i'm working on my computer and the power goes out or something. but i know nothing about them, any advice? what are some good ones? where can i get them? i dont want to spend more than 50-100 bucks if possible. thanks

I haven't worked with them before, but APC seems to be the brand that most computer stores carry... Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, etc. etc.

HERE is a link to Newegg of all the APC UPS's they carry....

Tell Bam Margera I say hi... :cool:

I have been thinking about getting one too... I guess APC is the way to go.... However, if you purchase car parts from APC, you need your head examined... (2 different companies)... :cool:

APC is the way to go. UPS's are another thing when paying less costs you more. don't look for cheapies. don't expect to get a long running time when the power goes out although a lot of the time it is long enough for the power to come back on :). one of the perks is that it acts like a filter, giving your pc a constant "clean" source of power.

i don't want feature like that to be on them it's just anything it's going to be expensive. that's what a good motherboard and a quality PSU capcitor and crap like that are for smooth out and give a clean current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom