Need help with new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
I built a new computer and the problem is when i try to format the hard drive with the ntfs filesystem it wont work. When i try to do the quick way it just says its stopping and check to make sure its hooked up correctly. When i do the long install of ntfs it gets to 100% then says irq_not_less_or_equal, stop: 0x000000a. these are my specs

intel d865perl motherboard
intel p4 2.8ghz
420 watt powersupply
western digital 80gb hard drive
emprex dvd burner
ati 9200 128mb
raidmax mid tower case

Also everything was bought from frys, the first time i bought an ecs motherboard and it was bad. THen i still could not get it to work with the new intel board. THen after messing with everything i took into frys and they looked and tested and said the video card was bad, so i returned that video card and bought the ati and the guy that workeed on it said it would work. SO i get that far up to 100% and get an irq error. Everything is hooked up correctly to best of my knowledge and apparently this guys too.

um is ur jumper right on ur HD? If you like have a HD like that it means no OS is installed on it i dont think... But maybe try fat 32? i dunno...

Is there anyway i can test the hard drive. I do have another computer. IS there way i can test it?

my friends HD actully was not working on his when he was trying to reinstall XP. It would just freeze up in the middle of the setup. So i brought it here and tryed to formatt it and then i deleted everything just to test it out.

the one he brought. I just tryed to reformatt it on my computer to see if the HD was bad. But it wasen't. But he had a extra HD laying around so he put that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom