What cables/extra things do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBam

Beta member
Hi all.

I'm currently planning on building a system for the first time, it will be a little side rig for playing MMO's and other not so graphically intensive games.

I have chosen my video card, mobo, RAM, CPU, Optical drives, Hard disk, PSU, and case. But now I'm stuck, what other parts will I need in order to build the PC? Fans? Heatsinks? Wires? How Many?

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid:) but I'm pretty baffled :eek:

Thanks

If you purchased all the parts new then you'll have all the cables you need. they usually come with the proper items. fans? your case should have them, if not... then you will have to get the specs of the case and buy some fans. Did you get the CPU new? if not then you might need a HS... do you need a floopy drve to update the mobo, or does it have auto an auto update (within windows) most newer mobos will also let you create a disk. (but to me that's a waste of a disk)

Ok great :)

All my parts will be brand new from overclockers.co.uk, my mobo will be the Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX (Socket 939), will I need the floppy drive for that?

well it does say the mobo has a live update capability... but I have a floppy on all of my machine... you never know... But I am old, so kinda set in my ways! LOL but as long as you have front USB and a stick I guess your good... but that is up to you...

lol yeah, I suppose a floppy drive doesnt cost that much at all anyways so I think i'll get one; thanks alot for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom