Computer wont start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam0987

Beta member
Hello, recently i opened my computer to clean it all due to it crashing constantly because (i think) it overheating and dust collecting up. After i was finished with cleaning every part i put them all back into the correct places and did not change anything. When everything was in place i turned on the power supply and pressed the button and the computer would not start at all, not even a sign of power.

I did notice a very silent biiiiip which sounded like a fan spinning really fast siliently which i thought was coming from the power supply so i took it out and tryed it with another computer and it worked fine without the sound. Only when i connected it up to my motherboard i start to hear the silent fan-biiip sound. I am still not sure if the sound is coming from the motherboard or the power supply making the sound because of the motherboard. I beleive it can only be the motherboard failing because of something.

I still havent been to my local PC shop to see if they can find an issue that i missed but till then i will try and find some help here.

Please help, and thank you for replying.

Motherboard : Asus P4P800-E Deluxe.
CPU : Intel Pen4, 3.40Ghz
RAM : DDRAM 1GB
Antec power supply.

hmm. check all of your connections and try agaon. also make sure your processor is seated correctly, check the main power cable to the mobo, and check the p4 connector. o and by the way, did you discharge yourself before you started cleaning? if not, i feel sorry for you, as you may have fried your mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom