Agp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye they will juice AGP for as long as they can leaving their users with inundated technology and then they will have to fork out big time wen they want to get a new card because they will have to upgrade basically their hole system

even though they're still exist. and there're plans for new AGP video cards but i don't see any new mobos with AGP slots so i came to the conclusion that "THEY ARE DYING".

Well from a regular google search:D that I've been doing regularly for like the last few months, I've been eagerly awaiting a 7600GS/GT on AGP, as rumour have been Q3, or July as has been said almost everywhere, I think that is soon to be coming over to AGP. Any idea on the price, it is expected they're going to juice the price up a bit higher than the PCI-e versions, but by how much??
Also it seems the GS is more probable than the GT, here is to hoping a GT comes out, it's a bit of a performance difference between the two.

P.S. Definitely need this upgrade *refer to sig to see current setup* for PC to survive another year with newly released games, otherwise I'll see myself missing a lot of games over the next while. I was thinking that maybe another GB of ram would be a good option, but when you think about it, that ram isn't going to be able to be used next year when I intend to go all new when DX10 comes out meaning it'll be waste of money.....opinions?

get a 6800 that can be unlocked to a gt performance and i think it's the LE modle. and i am sure the XT one can't so don't get it besides it's a crappy one.

the yellow one said:
get a 6800 that can be unlocked to a gt performance and i think it's the LE modle. and i am sure the XT one can't so don't get it besides it's a crappy one.
the 6800XT aint a crappy one, besides good luck tryiong to find 6800gt's and le's anymore. Even if you do fidn them they will be way too expensive to be worth the performance.

Ok when comparing a 6800XT's performance to a 7600GS I'd imagine it beats it, though comparing it to a GT would it be around the same, it seems the 7600GT would beat the 6800XT from what I've been seeing around the place.....

Masta_Gomes said:
Well from a regular google search:D that I've been doing regularly for like the last few months, I've been eagerly awaiting a 7600GS/GT on AGP, as rumour have been Q3, or July as has been said almost everywhere, I think that is soon to be coming over to AGP. Any idea on the price, it is expected they're going to juice the price up a bit higher than the PCI-e versions, but by how much??
Also it seems the GS is more probable than the GT, here is to hoping a GT comes out, it's a bit of a performance difference between the two.

P.S. Definitely need this upgrade *refer to sig to see current setup* for PC to survive another year with newly released games, otherwise I'll see myself missing a lot of games over the next while. I was thinking that maybe another GB of ram would be a good option, but when you think about it, that ram isn't going to be able to be used next year when I intend to go all new when DX10 comes out meaning it'll be waste of money.....opinions?

That's a doozie. If you wanted to switch to a newer socket platform, pretty much your whole rig there is gone... Processor, video card, RAM... I guess you could sell the thing and start from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom