Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off the core duo is a big plus to me and all the other features are also nice except of course the onboard video. but are you going to do some gaming because if not then the one you're interesting in is good enought and the one with the 6800 go will do some games but will suck juice and decrease some battery life.

Is an on-board video card really that bad?
If I have to chose from 128MB dedicated vs 256 MB on-board, which should I go for?

the 128 dedicated is MUCH better than however much onboard.

on-board is not THAT bad. its actually pretty good, if you're not gaming. if you want to play video games, then yes, it is that bad.

Those are just as worse as integrated graphics lol. Sine you want to game look for a laptop with a good videocard. Checkout www.ibuypower.com they ahve notebooks with godo videocards. Last time i checked they had one with a 7600gt gpu for pretty cheap. That's an awesome videocard.

Whats the difference between graphic accelerator and a normal video card? I googled it, but it says in most places that they are practically the same thing...

i'm pretty sure graphic accelerator is the same thing as integrated video, they take memory from the ram (much slower than dedicated video memory). and when you have a dedicated video card, you also have a dedicated processor for video.. graphic accelerator/ integrated use your cpu power, taking processing power from other things....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom