clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek3238

Beta member
About a week and half ago, I got a critical error when restarting. My computer has a history of just randomly locking up, requireing me to reset it on the front of the case. When I reset all my windows options after the critical error, it never booted back up. Sounded like everything came on fine except nothing on the screen and no windows signs. Few days later when I was trying some things, the computer wouldnt even turn on. Mobo light was on but nothing happened when I pushed the power button.

Someone suggested buying a new PSU since nothing was turnning on. Bought an ANTEC 500watt PSU from newegg. Installed it and once again, nothing but the mobo light.

Any suggestions?!?!

:(

well its not a compaq heh---To me it isn't old, to the techies it is an ancient.

ABit NF7-S
AMD 2500+ barton
ati radeon 9800
some seagate 250gig harddrive
1gig corsair

well, how old is it seriously, like from the 90's? if it is, yea its dying. sounds like what this is doing to me, but i caused it to go suicide, and took it to the pc er and they fixed it(stupid *** fan had a wire fall of and hit my brand new nvidia and fried it and the mobo) works now, but with little ram, integrated video, no sound, only 10mbps ethernet, and one usb port that fries everything plugged into it. sad realy to have a hp pavilion die right in front of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom