can only boot in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

masume

Beta member
hi, i've been having some problems with my comp. just recently i upgraded from a dell, i took the motherboard, cpu, and graphics card out and replaced them with an asus a8n-sli socket 939 mobo, an amd athlon 64 3200+, and a evga GeForce 7600 GT. oh ya i also replaced the psu from a 250W to a 600W. i got all my stuff hooked up, started up the comp, started booting into windows got to that loading screen wit the bar running across the bottom then it turned to a blue screen and gave me this error:

***stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF85C5750, 0xF8900430, 0xF890012C)

then after that i tried updating all my drivers (chipset and video) then i updated my bios. nothing worked, all i can do is boot into safe mode. i was hoping u guys could help me get my comp back to normal.

You cannot change the motherboard without re-installing the OS.

When you first install Windows XP, it configures itself for your current hardware setup. When you change the motherboard, it gets confused and doesn't know what it is.

So, you must re-install XP.

okay thx, that worked (for that problem). im still having some other problems but i think i can find my answer on the amd website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom