windows xp logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
When i turn on my computer i want to be able to type the password in right away without clicking on my username and then typing it in.

There is only one user on my computer.

I know that it is possible cause some how i did that to my other computer...

saves alot of time

Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Change the way users log on and off:

Uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen"

Restart.

Cheers. :)

Edit: Oh. You want the opposite of that. Just screw around in the user account settings, you'll figure that out.

Yes, if you go to the ADMIN TOOLS, there is an option somewhere in there (don't have access to that at work, I will have to look later) just as Nukem said for "Remember last user that logged in"
or something, and make sure it is ENABLED. On my XP machine, I ditched windows 'warm new' interface, and went with the 'classic' look of Windows 2000 Pro.

Dude, I told you in the last post....... I will go into a little more detail, since you apparently didn't look....

go to START > PROGRAMS > ADMIN TOOLS > LOCAL SECURITY POLICY.....

From here, go to LOCAL POLICIES > SECURITY OPTIONS.... it SHOULD be somewhere in there... Just have to look for it.... It will be listed as Do not display last user name in logon screen ... make sure it is set to DISABLED...

A google search would have given the answer also... the first link I got went to Microsoft's homepage, and had step by step process....

that doesn't help cause I went to start, all programs and didn't see admin tools so i couldn't go any further...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom