2 RAID discs and 1 NON-RAID disc... Help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhonyb

Solid State Member
Hello

This is my first post here, i have one doubt that i hope u guys can help me pls.

I have a MSI MB 975x Platinum and i have 2 WD 250gb SATA2 HD working on raid, recently i aquired a SAMSUNG 250g SATA2 that its connected but doesnt appear in Windows XP.

What do i have to do to make it work ?!

Ty in advance for your assistance

I'm pretty sure you would have to add it to your RAID array, though I'm no expert with that stuff.

Well i thought of that, thing is im kinda affraid of losing all the information i have on the other 2 HD's

No.....in the bios enable RAID 0 for the two Wesatern digital drives and disable RAID for the Samsung drive. the Array will be read a C: and the indendent samsung as D: I have four computers running right now with this exact configuration. No data will be lost on the Samsung hard drive.

Before messing around in the BIOS, I would check in Disk Management in Windows. (Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management)

It most likely is that you need to format and partition the drive.

AnthraX said:
Before messing around in the BIOS, I would check in Disk Management in Windows. (Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management)

The point is that he wants to save the data and it's not messing around with the bios....sheesh....it is a 10 second setup. Email me personally if you need a walk through.:confused: :p

RicoDirenzo said:
The point is that he wants to save the data and it's not messing around with the bios....sheesh....it is a 10 second setup. Email me personally if you need a walk through.:confused: :p

Well, I was just posting something that I thought works. I have done this everytime I get a new hard drive.

In the bios i turned on the RAID feature and i configured both WD to RAID 0, and they are working perfectly, then i added the samsung HD and it appears just below both WD drives saying NON-RAID Drive, but when i get to Windows i have no HD thats my problem, the samsung drive is completly new, its not formated and i dont know how to format it.

PS: I dont wanna lose the data in both my WD in RAID 0 Hd's. Sorry about the mess up.

Did you try my this?

AnthraX said:

Its working now :)

Thxa milion guys, i didnt know about the Manage > Disk Management option in the My computer.

Once again thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom