Will this mobo work? and if not what will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzo123

Baseband Member
Hello, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to computer's and I was wondering if this mobo would work for my system.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188005

Also if anyone has input on this mobo or a better idea for a mobo I would really like the advise. My spending price is around 50-100$.

My system specs are:

Radeon 9800XT
2# Samsung 512mb DDR
Western Digital 80g (harddrive)
AMD sempron 3100+

My old mobo ( Asus K8V-MX ) didn't work with my video card cus it had a VIA chipset and I would crash in games and it was a mini mobo which kinda sucked.

Also I was looking at the mobo and it dont have a PCI express slot which I might want for later on. DO mobo's come with PCI express and AGP ?

bonzo123 said:
DO mobo's come with PCI express and AGP ?

Some actually do, but not too many, you'll have to read the specs to be sure!

I would just get a MoBo with PCI-E and forget about AGP, buy a low end PCI-E vid card now, and upgrade to a higher end PCI-E card when you have the money later. -- this is much better then having an AGP card!

Well I don't think I'm gunna be upgrading to a PCI vid card just wanted to make sure. I'll probibly buy a new comp before that. So will this mobo work or is there a better one that i can get for my system?

Yes, that MoBo should be ok.

But why buy a new PC? you can slowly put one together by upgrading parts and save yourself some money.

Thats true but I dont have money to buy a new video card right now so ill have to make do with AGP for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom