Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 PC's in my house. 4 of which are on almost 24/7.

Good thing it's not my bill. :D

Thanks for the replies. If i leave my computer in standby, it will be like it is on, so things will download etc? When its on standby, isnt there a risk of things overheating because the computer is still running?

while the computer is in standby mode it woudn't do crap. it's a way to save some energy and/or get a fast start. same goes to hibernation except it saves the entire current state to the HD and the next time you turn on it'll be the exact same thing before you turned off.

Well i have never used the hibernation or standby features, i just turn it off.

But the problem with my computer is, when i put it on standby there's a blue light at the front which flashes really brightly. It's hard to sleep with a flash of blue lighting up my room every second, it's as if there is an ambulance outside or something

electrical tape my friend, jsut make a little cover with some elrical tape and fold it over on teh end for a tab, then you can set it at night, and peel it back when you want.

Or, you can make a little cover wiht velcro and plastic, paint it to match your case, etc etc. (wll look better and be better overall IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom