Old LCD Laptop Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronDN

Beta member
I have an old laptop monitor from a Compaq Armada M700 and i was wondering if i could do anything with it like make a tv for ontop of my xbox or something like that. I searched mods for it on google and yahoo, but i couldnt find anything good.

what you need to do is make a rca or coax converter and have it go into the screen. would help ya, but i would need to fix my xbox and get the same monitor. by any chance whats the model number of the monitor itself? it would take some work, but it might work(hinges, wiring skills, ports, detachable, ruggedize etc..)

He probably already has it, inside the laptop.

Anyway, old laptop screens suck, you'll be disappointed when you spend all that time, money, and work just so you can see ghosting and poor colour representation.

ive got an old one too. is there any way to use it as a standalone monitor, for use on a pc?

He probably already has it, inside the laptop.

Anyway, old laptop screens suck, you'll be disappointed when you spend all that time, money, and work just so you can see ghosting and poor colour representation.

ive got an old one too. is there any way to use it as a standalone monitor, for use on a pc?

trust me on this one. except for in a rare few instances it would require purchasing a controller for the LCD screen. the one in the laptop WILL not work seperately. the rare few instances where it is not necessary to purchase the controller it involves quite a bit of work.

basically unless you have a sound ground in electronics and are interested in inventing your own way around it you may as well forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom