Display Adapter problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Baseband Member
I have a AMD K-6 2/333.
I installed a new GeForce2 MX video card but it is having problems working.

Are there settings in the Bios that I need to set as the older card was not 32bit.It had only 16 colors.
What ever the reason I'm lost.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks...I already did the drivers but an error message comes saying:
THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR DISPLAY SETTINGS.THE ADAPTER TYPE IS INCORRECT OR THE CURRENT SETTINGS DO NOT WORK WITH YOUR HARDWARE.
I click OK and the Display Properties box pops up.
The card shows up as NVIDIA GeForce 2MX/MX400 and it only gives me 16,256 and HIGH color 16bit.
But when I change it ,it has a hard time rebooting and I end up hitting the reset and going through the hole thing again.

The slot is an AGP slot...I removed the S3 Virge /GX2 video card from the pc.
I'm at the DISPLAY PROPERTIES right now...lost!

Doh!

If you be using Windows 95/98/ME/2000, try to set to driver to 'Standard VGA' first (Display properties > Advanced tab > settings > adapter tab > change)

then install the NVIDIA drivers afterwards

You monitor may only support 16 but at the highest, that is possible.

In the BIOS the AGP MASTER 1 WS WRITE and READ are both DISABLED?
Does this mean anything?

hmm, try uninstalling the drivers completely, running all your windows updates, and then re-installing the Detenator drivers.

AGP Master 1 WS Read / Write will mplement a single delay when reading /writing from the AGP Bus. Normally, two wait states are used, allowing for greater stability, but check with your motherboard manufacturer to see if they have already implemented a Master latency of zero, in which case the lowest reading here of 1 will reduce performance, but generally i keep it disabled.

Try to leave your AGP aperture at 64 MB, and don't enable sideband addressing or fast writes just yet (if your BIOS setup contains those options), plus follow above to set your driver to Standard VGA. When you reboot, your desktop should be 640x480x16 colors.

As a sidenote, uninstall any previous S3 drivers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom