Building New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

libotte

Baseband Member
Ok so first off this is my first post so hello everyone

Ive registered to ask this question specifically but hopefully will make use of the user account and answers and ask many questions in the future.

Well first off Im going to treat myself to a new computer. What im starting out with is an Athlon 64 FX-62 Am2 as the processor, then Ive chosen a GeForce 7950 GX2 Extream edition and 4GB of xms2 PC6400 DRR2 800 and a cheap 320GB 7200rpm SATA hdd.

Now my question is which motherboard would you guys think would be suitable Ive being looking at an MSI AM2 K9N SLI Platinum NF570 but upon reading the forum found that it didnt work very well with my choice in processor. (could just be a problem for 1 user) Now this mobo could be suitable if so great, but if theres one out there at a similar price range that would be better or someone has some exp with it and this processor I would be very happy to hear for you guys because in the long run it will save me time and money.

Thanks for reading hope someone has an answer and again hello to everyone on the forums guest or otherwise.

Get the Asus 590 chipset / 2GB of the Corsair 3-4-4-9
Get two 74GB 16MB cache Raptors instead

What about the PSU and other components?

thanks for replying so fast

I currently have a well ventalated case and a 600 watt psu thats quite old but I work in a PC repair shop so I can get the converters needed for sata drives

I though my current setup was pritty ok low end now but back in the day not bad but 3Dmarks totally showed it up so time for an upgrade.

These raptor drives are they expensive because the setup in my first post is kinda right on my price limit give or take £100 ($220?)

Also Im using www.scan.co.uk to buy the gear from because I can pick the items up as soon as there in stock or paid for.

Thanks again

Yer just checked out the price starts to get a bit steap with that ram although the motherboard looks like a great alternative also the raptors are quite expencive

Think all the same items as the first post + the ASUS mobo will be quite a jump from my current system and I can always upgrade in the future bit at a time anyway

IM just limited to £1500 at the moment also need to buy a copy of Windows XP x64 and 2x Low millisecond TFT monitors. Nothing like genuine windows I mean microsoft need the money

I'm not an intel fanboy or trying to stop you from building this powerful machine, but conroe e6600 stock beats out fx-62 in a lot of benhmarks at a much lower cost. Pair this with an asus P5WD board and ddr2 800 ram you'd have a killer machine. On a side note I know it hasn't been released but if you hold off to the end of the month you can save yourself a lot of money. That way you can run a raid 0 raptor setup.

Thanks Ill note this down but to be honist im a bit of an amd fanboy !!Sorry!!. Although im into my computers Ive never done anything regarding overclocking. I basicly build my systems set it up and wait like 3-5 years then update it.

you would save A LOT of money if you by an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, rather than an AM2 Fx-62, its like 3 or 4 times the price, and same and sometimes less performance. it would save you like 600 pounds. which you can put towards a 74GB Raptor, and a 350GB Caviar. and then a nice monitor, like Viewsonic VP930B

Could you link me to a nice site with these products that deliver in england? I cant find them on my usual sites based in the UK :(

Thanks for that looks like Ill be waiting a few days to check this stuff out glad I came here can probley build a better system with duel montior wall mounted and a nice spdif 5.1 system with like 350watt rms for less money or around that same thank you much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom