dell inspiron mobo help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie680

Solid State Member
I just bought a new motherboard for my inspiron 4100, I bought it to upgrade the 4000 board I had, anyway... I installed the board just like the others I have done and when I turned it on the 3 lights on the control panel just below the lcd flashed quick, then the middle light started to flash, it flashed for about 10 seconds and then it shut off, could this be a bad board or bad cpu or crappy memory? Thanks.

Heres a stupid question, but the board did not come with any set up software, could this be a problem? Thanks

that depends on how much of a difference the 2 models are between the 4K and 4100.. if it's different parts, including ram then yes, having no software could be an issue... Dell doesn't like people other than themselves messing with their equipment... but you might be able to find all the drivers if you search hard enough... But I have never tried so I son't know how hard it would/will be.

theres not much that is different, the ram is different being pc133 instead of pc100. Yes this is a laptop, sailpog.
anyway I will do some searching. Thanks again.

Ok so for s/g I went and bought another stick of memory and everything seems fine. I guess the culprit was just a bad stick of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom