Cooling/ fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem

Beta member
My comp. overheated few times like a week ago (might have something to do with +33C temperature outside)
So I got a new 120mm. cooling fan to replace the old 80mm. one.
Seems to have done the trick...

Now I was wondering how to install them both, old one at the front.
The new fan didnt have more than one 4pin connector, but the old one has one female 4pin and one male 4pin (+ one motherboard connector which I didnt use)
So can I connect the new one to the old one´s female 4pin?
Here is the link to the old one http://www.nexustek.nl/80mmcasefan.htm
new one: http://www.pcsilent.de/en_pdet_papst4412fgl.asp (Didnt find english home page of papst...)

how is your ambient temp of +33C making your comptuer overheat. My machine is running at 40C Overclocked and running perfectly fine.

from the nexus site:
Install the Nexus 80mm Real Silent Case Fan using just one of the available connectors. Connect the motherboard connector (connector A) to the motherboard if you want to be able to monitor the RPM level of your fan. When you install the fan using connector A you do not need to install any of the other connectors. When you choose to connect the fan by using either connector B or C to the power supply you will not be able to use the RPM monitoring function.

Basically you can plug it into the motherboard with the 3pin OR the 4 pin if you want to run it directly from the PSU (you just wont be able to monitor the rpm)

the papst fan just plugs into a rail from the PSU.

you can daisy chain them if you want, that is plug the nexus into the psu rail (nexus male to PSU female) and then plus the papst into the female lead from the nexus if you want. But you wont be able to monitor it....

I dno about the temperature thing, was just a guess...

Yea I dont really need the monitoring for now so I´ll daisy chain.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry but I have a quick question and didn't want to make a new topic about this, since it would fit here well. I never had a "normal" fan before, it was Dell and retarded, so where do you connect the fan to. I know the motherboard, but what does it look like that you plug it into, thanks.

xtpacygax said:
Sorry but I have a quick question and didn't want to make a new topic about this, since it would fit here well. I never had a "normal" fan before, it was Dell and retarded, so where do you connect the fan to. I know the motherboard, but what does it look like that you plug it into, thanks.

how many pins does it have, if three then in one of the three pin male power connectors somewere on your mobo, if four then into the PSU. what mobo do you have?

Here is a picture of a 3 pin power connector for a fan that connects to the motherboard:
FAN8BS3P.jpg

Here is a picture of a 4 pin fan that connects with a molex connecter to the PSU...
FAN8BS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom