Faster boot for Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISK

Baseband Member
First of all, hello!

Ok, I was in Border's awhile ago and picked up some comp mag and started thumbing through when I found some tip to speed up Windows XP boot time. It basically said that there is some utility made by Microsoft that analyzes what is happening when your computer boots and then arranges it so that after it is ran once, you will see an increase of about 5-20 seconds. I can't remember the name of the mag or the name of the utility. I have searched all over Microsoft.com and have found nothing that looks like what this mag described. Has anyone heard of this?

Sure.....that is called the bootvis utility. Microsoft has discontinued it but you can still download a free version of it from a few sites. The site was ..... something with "Geeks" in the name. I'll post it in a bit.

-Mike

thanks mike

for the link i never really looked it up i just ran across it when i was going through

kellys korner

Windows XP From A to Z

Ahhh.......didn't see that! We must've been posting at the same time. Nice find....bootvis isn't too difficult to find but it's getting harder and harder if you have never heard about it. Microsoft put it out and got rid of it a few years after it was released. A few versions have been out but the final one with work wit most/if not all Windows OS types.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom