Disabling onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
Ok so i recently got a new video card for my computer. Everything worked fine except for the fact of disabling the onboard video. When i go into BIOS there is no setting to disable it. The only thing I can do is just lower the use of the intergrated video to 32 MB. With that i can only achieve 480 MB out of a possible of 512 MB. I even tried disabling the onboard video through device manager but that didnt solve the problem either. Could anyone help me out on this problem? Im out of ideas.

Btw my motherboard is a asus K8S-LA and my computer is a hp a810n.

Thanks.

I did go into the BIOS, but there is no option to disable it. All it has is "Primary Video Adapter" that have the options of PCI or AGP/Onboard. I have the setting on PCI. Thats the closest as it gets. Even with that on PCI, I'm still not getting the full 512 ram.

I want to know if there is a way of fully shutting down the onboard so that I can get all my ram back.

Thanks.

It's your lucky day.

You have to e-mail or phone HP Tech Support. Explain your problem, and make sure you give your full computer specs.

well depending on how old your motherboard is, but I was reading the other day as I was interested in knowing how to diable onboard video, when it's set on AGP/Onboard, search for a jumper on your motherboard, supposedly somewhere near your CPU fan in plugged into the mobo, and change the jumper to the alternative setting it's on, ie. if on 2 -3, then to 1-2, well this is what i read anyway.......... oh and don't forget to Remove the device from device manager under Display adapter or Video Adapter, whatever

I want to know if there is a way of fully shutting down the onboard so that I can get all my ram back.

Windows uses available RAM as well. Are you sure that it's onboard using the RAM instead of Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom