intel tray icon wont leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
Ok this would seem like a newbie question, but this intel icon will not leave! I recently had to use onboard gfx because my radeon 9800 died. But I now have it replaced, and this intel thingy will not leave my taskbar! The drivers are COMPLETLY uninstalled in the add/remove program list, and there is no sign of it, but it will not leave! onboard gfx has been disabled in BIOs as well, but no luck.

Heres a screen:
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12ew3.jpg

To remove it, right click on taskbar>properties>customize(bottom right hand corner)>select said icon and hit "always hide", click apply then ok and it will be gone;)

Right-click on that Intel icon -> Click on Graphics Options -> Tray Icon -> Disable.

inteltrayicon.jpg

yes but for me, i ONLY get the intel extreme gfx popup... with NO menu, of course i tryed both left and right clicking on the graphic, but it wont budge!! grrr, i couldnt even install the drivers in the first place, and i think its no showing up because their is no drivers.

DarkMortar said:
yes but for me, i ONLY get the intel extreme gfx popup... with NO menu, of course i tryed both left and right clicking on the graphic, but it wont budge!! grrr, i couldnt even install the drivers in the first place, and i think its no showing up because their is no drivers.
then do what i said? sure it wont permanently delete it but at least you wont be able to see the icon

Did you try any freeware like WinPatrol to see if you could remove the service from the tray?

Or system.ini? (Although, not sure if that will help)

go to start/run msconfig look for the intel driver helper and disable. and intel hotkey's as well. Look in the services tab and the startup tab.

To run a scan to tell you what you should shutoff and how run a Pcpitstop . Its an awesome free service. If you need a username and PW just PM me. But you will use it quite a bit so having your own username would be a wise thing.

EDIT - Oh I almost forgot you can go into control panel and if you have it set to classic view you will see the intel exteme graphics icon in there and click on it and the disable try icon should be in there as well. Even though that really doesn't save you any resources but disabling the unnessary services will.

right click on the toolbar>properties>customize>select always hide for the intel icon. the feature on the top with a picture came from other programs he have installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom