Help Install Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamL

Baseband Member
hey i recently destroyed my master hdd and i just got a new 250gb one. i set the old slave hdd as single and installed the new one as SATA. Windows is actually installed on the old drive (I put it on the slave and not the master because it was a smaller drive). So when i put in the windows XP home upgrade disk it comes to that wonderful blue screen. I pressed enter to install XP and it tells me that it cant find a previous version of windows on my system. BUT when i use the disk to enter the recovery console it tells me that i do indeed have windows installed! So what the **** is giong on and please dont tell me that i have to buy the full version of XP!
thanks

i changed it to master and now my bios doesn't detect it. anything else? please?

would it work to take out the 250gb and then try and boot up the ide hdd. then later add the 250gb?

i'm tempted to fdisk it and then be amazed as again nothing happens. it's wierd because the first time i booted the system with the new drive it said please insert boot media blah blah. and then after i put in the XP cd and IT said i didn't have windows installed then the comp wouldn't to that boot media screen. it was a black screen with a blinking white cursor. i had to make it boot from CD. but windows doesn't like me. or maybe the computer god hates me!

wait a minute i haven't formatted the new drive. do i have to do that? is that part of my problem. i love hardware but dang i hate software issues.

well i set it as single which is without jumpers. the bios recognized it then. everything is just fine in the bios. perfect in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom