help about product id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origin

Baseband Member
okay. i asked awhile ago about how to get my product id cause i had lost it. well im finally getting time to do this. and i received it. problem is, is that it is giving me the id in the form of this

xxxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxx

and i need it in the form of this

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

can anyone help me out?

One of my customer has sent me the following email last week. This might help you out.

Some folks seem to lose their XP and Office Product Keys [forget to stick the label onto the System Case or other reason].

If you need to identify your installation IDs and keep them some place safe, download this small application and run it on your PC. It's safe on XP and Office XP

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

Personally, I have not tried it, but the person that emailed me has and he says that it work.

I hope this helps.

yeah im actually looking for the certificate of authority number. say the number on the book. if there was a book for xp, which i think there was, my girlfriend doesn't have it. but ill definately try that link you gave me. any other help as to finding it in my reg. would be appreciated.

No, there is no way to find the MS product key from within the registry just by browsing. Perhaps the link will work, I've never tried it.

Ok, just tried the keyfinder and it does produce a key....whether it's valid or not.....don't know.

-Mike

He was looking for a book for XP in the second or third post of his. So, I am assuming XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom