yay! my first electronic 'mod'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but none of the information on it would be of use to you, unless you wanted a good source of white noise. :p

The General said:
True, but none of the information on it would be of use to you, unless you wanted a good source of white noise. :p

Well, if it were me, I'd just reformat it. :D

lol, yeah.

Like these people with locking briefcases. If I wanted something inside it, I'd just take it. Then the lose the stuff inside it AND the briefcase instead of just the stuff inside it.

ugh this reminded me of my lexa and its lock.

lol well it got stuck and it wouldnt unlock even witht he key so I basically just took it apart so now there is a tiny hole lol and the side slides off nice and easy :D

The GOV would be able to get by your encryption. Also, if they did go after you and you had an encryption on your HD they would suspect you and probably torture you until you got into it for them.

lmao!! "PZEROFGH If i wanted to use your computer, I would take it" lol

theres is not much point in this little mod, and of course if someone wanted to use my computer, all it would take is 2 seconds to pull apart the wires, or just short the power pins on the mobo with a paper clip, but this mod is really about security for me! i did it for the cool factor
!!!!! now people will be like - "wow, you need a key to turn on your computer!!!! amazing!!! woah dude!!!!!" lol (well, maybe not like that, but something along those lines which will make me feel good about myself, reminding me that I built it on my OWN!! lol" you know the feeling! when somebody see's that "that brain thingy of the grey box computer thingy has 'pipes' going into it with water in!!" lol, you get me??

dudes, it really isnt hard, probably the most simple electronic 'mod' you can do to your computer!! i mean, if me, a 15year old who has never soldered before can make it, im sure you can!! seriously, all you need is some wire (multi-core/strand preferably) and a switchy key thingy! which may i add got on ebay for pennies! maybe later i will draw a circuit diagram of what i made in paint or something! lol

harry signing out

is that like a car switch? cause i searched on ebay and only can find car ignition switches...

P.P. Mguire said:
The GOV would be able to get by your encryption. Also, if they did go after you and you had an encryption on your HD they would suspect you and probably torture you until you got into it for them.

It would take them a billion years to crack this encryption.

The Germans used 54-bit encryption in the 40's and we're just now cracking it. This is 2048-bit encryption, lol.

It's exponential, you do the math.

But yeah, they could just put a gun to my head and I'll tell them what to do.

The General said:

hrmm... i'd just pop off the side case and steal everything inside.. i don't need your hard drive :p .... you can go ahead and keep that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom