yay! my first electronic 'mod'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! Nice job! That is really cool. You'll have to give an update when you do your Mod that is on hold.

Cheers!

Why would he want to lock his side panel computer? He just doesnt want his family members using his computer.

:classic: :)

Anyways nice job, I want one of those lol

thanks guys lol. i will keep you posted as to when i get it mounted!
i was going to wire it so that i turn the key and the pooter would turn on, which is almost exactly the same wiring! but then i decided no to, as the power button would just be sitting on the front of my computer doing nothing lol. im going to look into using the same switch to lock / unlock the reset button aswell, as there are 2 spare connector thingies on the switch.

an engine sound when i turn the key, that would be sweet lol!

What's the point of this? I could just open the case, rip the wires off the key mechanism, touch the wires together and it will start. Lol, just like in the movies when someone hotwires a car.

The General said:
What's the point of this? I could just open the case, rip the wires off the key mechanism, touch the wires together and it will start. Lol, just like in the movies when someone hotwires a car.

I can do the same with your computer, press the power button :shocked:

And btw do you live with him or something? I don't think his family members are smart enough :p, no offense or anything, but this is the point of the mod lol

Yeah, I have a lock on the door of my case, and one on the side panel, where even witha screw driver you can't open it.

Seems this would be more effective, though I never use them.

The General said:
Yeah, I have a lock on the door of my case, and one on the side panel, where even witha screw driver you can't open it.

Seems this would be more effective, though I never use them.

But still, I could rip the whole front bezel off and start it.

If you were going to break my computer, then no matter what locks I have or anything, you could just use a can opener lol.

I think the idea of using your roommates computer is to make it seem like you never did. Now see, if I come home and the front bezel is ripped off of my computer, it would be pretty obvious that someone wanted to use my computer.

I don't even need to have a lock, if the government took my harddrive it would take a million years to figure out what was on it. Everything but boot and my kernel is 2048-bit encrypted, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom