Doubt anyone can help on this issue! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

basketballstuds

Solid State Member
PLZ HELP!
--------------
Okay well I'll list the problem then list my computer specs, first of all The main issue was I installed a AGP graphics card into my computer and found out it was using the pci bus instead of the AGP, found out it was running on the 33 mhz bus vs the 533mhz 8x agp bus. So first thing i did was installed updated drivers both nvidia and via chipset, I then started running into problems where it worked fine until i went into any high texture games like, pirates, civ 4, bf2, lineage2, Wow, DDO, they all had some major artifacts, so after testing million different scenarios and i uninstalled via chipset and it worked fine, but then again it was running on the pci bus vs the agp. Agp was always listed as disabled in several programs everest being one. Well after this i called up BFG because i have there card 6200 oc and informed them of the problem i was getting the artifacts and the updated drivers and what not, they had me try different drivers i uninstalled reinstalled and even used driver cleaner several times, they came to no conclusion and i ended up paying 20 bucks to send the card into them so they could send me a new one. Got new one back and the same thing occured. At this point im so frustrated and confused its been about a year ive had this card and I do tech support for company that sells computer and its got me and all the guys there stumped. Well as of last week I was messing arround in bios and i coulda sworn i changed all the settings a million times, well i ended up taking agp off of auto detect and changing it to 4x, 4x in the games works no texture tearing or anything, but like before 8 x will work but in the games interface it tears so bad i cant see a thing and skips and lags. What im at now is, if anyone knows how i can get my card up to 8x agp without texture tearing. Please leave as many options as you can, ive tried millions and would like to try lots more til i get it working at full capacity. 4X agp is better then the normal pci but i want the full 8x, and i know the mach speed board supports 8 x and the card is 8 x. Just need to figure out how to get it working. Computer specs follow, any questions on any other specs holler im more then willing spill it!

----

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2066 MHz (11.5 x 180) 2800+
Motherboard Name Jetway V400ADBL (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400
System Memory 1536 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (10/07/03)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP
Monitor Samsung SAMTRON 55(M)E (Plus) [15" CRT] (H8PK802677)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Creative SB0410 SB Live! 24-bit Sound Card

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Disk Drive SAMSUNG SV0813H (80 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Disk Drive WDC WD600BB-00CAA1 (55 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive DVDRW IDE1008 (DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:4x/2x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:40x/24x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 76340 MB (56171 MB free)
E: (NTFS) 28623 MB (15437 MB free)
F: (NTFS) 28615 MB (8679 MB free)
Total Size 130.4 GB (78.4 GB free)

-----

Field Value
North Bridge Properties
North Bridge VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400
Revision 00
Package Type 664 Pin HSBGA
Package Size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm
Process Technology 0.22 um
Core Voltage 2.5 V
In-Order Queue Depth 4

Memory Controller
Bank Interleave 4-way

Memory Timings
CAS Latency (CL) 2.5T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 3T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 2T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 6T
Command Rate (CR) 2T

Memory Slots
DRAM Slot #1 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #2 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #3 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)

AGP Controller
AGP Version 3.05
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Device nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP
AGP Aperture Size 256 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Supported, Enabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Chipset Manufacturer
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

Problems & Suggestions
Problem Current AGP speed is lower than maximum supported. This may cause performance penalty.

remember AGP is just a fast PCI slot with a differnt shape... so maybe the chipset is getting confused for some reason...

what does the BIOS say on the matter? maybe it is disabled there or something.

i would just leave it at 4x. you dont need any more bandwidth than that on a 6200 anyway.

Try to put the bios in agp 8x and then in Windows and video settings turn down the acceleration settings to see if that helps. Not that its a fix but just to see what it will do. I would also stick with 4X the difference wont be so bad that you cant live with it. But im sure like me if you get a bug up your *** to get something right on your computer you wont stop till **** freezes over to fix it. Good luck on that .

I know someone who was having the exact same problem and after they flashed their BIOS to the latest version it worked. So try flashing your BIOS and see if that works.

Okay well, I tried changing to 8x and unclocking my card and tried toning down the card, still happens, I should mentioned i tried that, yeah its really been buggin me and i was planning on just sticking with whats been working but i would like to get it working at optimal performance. As for the bios i was thinking that was prob it, wanted some more reassurance, never ever really had to update my bios so i dont know what to expect from it. I guess ill have to search for my bios, anyone know where i can get the free file so i can flash it. This has been a thorn in my side :( thanks to all who have suggested things and if anyone else has any other ideas i'd like to hear them.

I had the same problem, the solution I found for me was to increase the voltage to my AGP slot in bios to 1.6v, when I did all of the artifacting stopped.

I guess ill have to search for my bios, anyone know where i can get the free file so i can flash it.

Just search for the mobo manufactuers website and once on their site find your EXACT board and then DL the very latest version. If your not sure if it's the right one then don't do it. If it's not the right one and you flash your BIOS with the wrong version,you'll be up s**t creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom