Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanjo

In Runtime
Does anyone know how to dual-boot Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit on the same hard drive?
Thanks

When you boot up, if it's installed on the main HD as two partitions, it will say Windows Vista, listed twice (one is 64-bit, one is 32-bit). If it's two hard drives, you'll have to boot from each hard drive from the BIOS.

Will it say which vista it is in the boot up? such as Windows Vista (x86) and (x64)

Zanjo said:
Will it say which vista it is in the boot up? such as Windows Vista (x86) and (x64)
No it will not say the difference. But honestly why install both versions? The only real difference is that the 32 Bit has a bigger driver support as XP 32 Bit has a bigger driver support than x64.

Other than that both builds will be identical. Aside from 32Bit and 64Bit that is.:p

It wont be much better in 32 Bit. Not many drivers for sound work in Vista period. I have had to use a 3rd party driver to get my Creative Audigy 2ZS to work. The Creative driver crashed Vista.

What sound card do you have i might be able to help.

It is a integrated HD audio device that comes with the Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G motherboard Details
The driver does work, however the sound has static and randomly jumps in places. I tried installing the Realtek 64bit driver, but that didnt improve the audio at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom