Installing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech Forums is composed of volunteers who would take their time to help other people who needs it. Don't act like we have to help you.

Upgrading ram and videocard isn't always an easy thing to do, no question is "stupid" only answers could be stupid. We have users here who are on different skill levels, people who can recite every single console command in Linux in their dreams, and also beginners, who are looking to build their first PC. Please be more accepting of those who come to this forum to learn.

A fan controller usually needs power from a 4 pin molex that comes from your power supply. The power is then distributed to however many fans you plug into the fan controller. It's already said, but the knobs on your fan controller controls how much voltage goes into each fan and the amount of voltage will determine the fan's RPM. Hope that helps.

As I've read on, I'd assume that the fans aren't usually taking up the max input of wattage and that during overheating; controlling the fans to take in the maxium amount of wattage would be the method of countering the problem. Is that right?

So if ever I was to install a fan control thing, do I just set the normal speed for the fans? Or is it set up already through it's interaction with the fans (via the connection)?

And yes I got off the wrong foot, my apologies

Fan plugged into mobo: The mobo can change the speed of the fans depending on the temperature, what speed you tell it to, or they can be full on 100% of the time

Fan plugged into PSU via molex: The fan will always be running full on

Fan plugged into fan controller: You can manually change the fanspeeds

So pretty much it depends on your fan configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom