Restarts after cleaning computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, been a while...

Basically I just cleaned out my rig, took off the heatsink to the cpu, took out the video card and the sound card. Cleaned everything of the dust, took apart the video card, reapplied paste to gpu and cpu.

I also for the past year had an open case, with only one fan in the rear. So I plugged in another 3, and put the case back together. First time it loads windows for about 10 seconds (with the little blue bar showing for 10 secs) then restarts.

Now it restarts every time it's just about to load windows, right after it does the cmos and whatnot it just crashes and restarts. It'll come up with the screen.. How do you want to start windows, safe mode, regular, etc..

My psu rails voltages are fine, temps are fine, etc.. I unplugged the 3 fans I added and still.. it's like my power supply can't power my hard drive past the bootup process.

I'm going to try to reinstall mobo drivers and video drivers from safe mode, because I feel like it's the drivers that are making it crash, since I took the cards out (aren't computers typically a pain with this process?) Usually I was fine, but iono what's going on.

If anyone can shed some light on the ordeal, thanks everyone!

Nevermind, won't even start in safe mode, just keeps restarting like 2 seconds (if not immediatly) after windows begins to load..

It doesn't show loading screen at all with regular loads, safe mode loads like 5 files and crashes.. yay! I love cleaning my computer!

Ok, I unplugged D drive and ran C.. hardly any drive activity.. Boot disk error -

Both drives were plugged in and then I was able to start in safe mode and drive activity LED lit up..

A mod can delete this whole thread, I'll get help from a friend in the morning, and no one is replying, night

**Edit: Yea I didn't touch any of the jumpers, except 2 that I pulled off thinking maybe I could use those slots for fans, but I put the jumpers back on exactly how the book said "default" so I doubt it's that.

I was back to square one, I unplugged my temp display and my computer runs now!! 2 hdds and 2 cdroms.. I'm slowing driving my rig into the ground i guess.

Don't stress it, thanks for the reply though I'll have a friend help me tomorrow I'm sure =)

Wait, don't delete this thread on second thought..

I tried to run the windows memory test, but it's instructions are completely useless. So i burned the rar and the file inside to separate cds and neither would load a "memory test".

After I took the ram out to reseat, the computer ram a mem test itself on boot.. Well the test went on and on, I watched it repeat itself 4 times taking roughly 20 seconds to count 1gig.

All the sites I have read, same exact problem, but never a solution except one Iread.

NF7-S 2.0 Board - Going from 2500+xp to 3200+xp chip makes windows crash.. On the one person who got a solution, it apparently was the timings. This is not the case on my rig. I cleaned my computer with a vacuum.. I thought I had done it before but I guess I hadn't, I ran the bristled head over the ram to get the dust off, compressed air doesn't work for caked on dust.. ever..

My basic setup is NF7-s 2.0 w/barton3200+/ 512x2 corsair xms / 9800xt / audigy 2zs

Before I cleaned, my system was leet.. I clean and now my only conclusion is that my system will run with 2500xp chip (333fsb only?) but if I set it to 3200, my system will crash immidiately after the windows loading screen.

My computer properties shows I have 1.00GB of ram, iono if that would help if I did have a ram problem..

I'll try to run that memtest86 or whatever now though and see what happens. With the person who found a solution, she had to change her timings to get it all to work.. but that isn't the case for me. Everyone was recommending to her that her ram was bad, so I'm guessing this is the case for me, but w/e

Thanks for the replies =/

I ran IN-windows memory test all night and didn't come up with a single error, so I'm guessing I can rule out problems with the ram..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom