New DVD burner, refuses to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just recently got a DVD burner, dual format. It's a Pacific Digital 4X. For some reason, it refuses to work. The thing I noticed today when I turned my computer on, is that the green (busy) light is always on. The manual said something could be wrong... Man, would I be pissed! But my conundrum, is that within Roxio DVD Burner, when I try to click on the burn button, the dialog box will show, but I cannot change my device selection to my burner. It has my existing CD-RW there, and it is grayed as so I cannot change it. The directions said to have it either on Pri. slave or Sec. master with nothing else on the cable. It is set on Pri slave. The computer recognizes it and stuff, but it will not work. The funny thing is, maybe I just dont know it, but it didnt come with any drivers. The website has none either. I'm rather upset, because I was so excited when I first got my burner and now it refuses to work. Please, someone help.

When you say it will not work. does that mean that it will not burn dvds. Can it atleast read CDs or DVDs. If it can read media but not burn DVDs you may need to try different burning software. Please post more detail and what software you are using to burn.

not to down the brand you got but the best way to go is to pay that little xtra and get a name brand one. I installed one for a friend and it was an off brand and it was just a piece of crap. Same goes with cd burners, I got what I thought was a good price on a 52x32x52x that was off brand and it came with roxio (crap I think), it was flukey so i eventuially brought it back and got a Sony 52x with no software packaged and it has worked so good.

Sorry not much advice but just go with good name brands. thats my policy from now on.

When you say it will not work. does that mean that it will not burn dvds. Can it atleast read CDs or DVDs. If it can read media but not burn DVDs you may need to try different burning software. Please post more detail and what software you are using to burn.

Yes, give us a little more detail as to what the exact problem is.

It reads DVD's, and plays them as well. I'm not really sure on how to describe the problem anymore than I already have.

You should try burning CDRs. If you can not do that then i would try a diff burning software. What software are you burning with now. NERO , roxio. Also be aware that some DVD burners have problems with certain cheap media. you may also want to try other blank media than what you are using. Also maybe use a + if you are burning -. An above post mentioned you have a cheap brand name burner. You do. It may just take some work to find compatible media. But do not waste too much time or money before sending it back and getting a better name brand. I use the NEC 2500, No probs what so ever. Burns up to 8x both formats and new egg has sells it for about $95 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom