Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I completed ONE WU so far, but I have an issue, where is FAH is run for more than 24 hours it throws a critical error, and shuts down. I am gonna format my HDD one of these days...

EDIT: didn't feel a NEW post was needed.... just updating that I went to the parents house, and updated the POS computer with my name & our team number... It WAS set so that the screen saver went on after 5 minutes, and FAH ran ONLY during screen saver, but the result was 7 WU finished is just as many months.... lol. So I have it running constantly in the background now... :p Next WU on this PC is done in 14 hours.... I will set up my HTPC tomorrow, don't have time now, hafta get ready to go to a wedding.

Trotter said:
Folding does max out your CPU, but it defers to anything else you have running or start up. I always turn Folding off when I game, though.

What do you have in your system, Trifid?

But it is set on lowest priority. I think it is this work unit, as it started to hang slightly when it went onto it, but not enough for me to bother with finding the cause, the further through it gets the worse it is. :(

The other BG programs are AVG, Set-point (for mouse), Realtek sound, and Nvidia control panel.

Specs: AMD 64 3000 @ 2160mhz (water cooled), 1.5GB of GIEL ram @196.4mhz (DDR400 standard), BFG 7800GT, ASUS A8N-SLI, 80GB Seagate, 250GB W.D., and a Hiper Type R 580w. In a very hot room. :(

The PC crashes within 30mins of running FS2004 if I have folding up. Must be said it has locked up a couple of times with out folding when running SquarkBox (multiplayer with air traffic control.)

Although to add more confirmation to Folding, if my PC lockup, but recovers, if I try to open folding window, it will not respond from task manager.

Edit: I ran a Virus scan the other day and no virus's.

Hot room? Are your temps running high?

I don't understand why your rig is hanging with this. Have you tried cleaning out your registry, or uninstalling the Folding client and reinstalling?

According to ASUS probe it isn't that hot (max 38*C I have seen it at.) The voltages are stable (again AsusProbe.)

12v = 11.968
5v = 5.053
3.3v = 3.312
CPU = 1.424

I haven't cleaned out the registry. Any good programs? (Preferably one that can clean out FRAPS too for an older version :p )

I will lose this wu if I uninstal though and it is worth a good some of points to TF.

Is there a way to DELETE or ABORT a work unit, and start a new one? My slower machine is working on a Gromacs WU with 50000 frames that won't be completed till May of 2009... :(

[Was posted in the Profanity thread by mistake. Moved it here.]

It may say that it won't be completed until then, but it will be finished before.

My current WU says it is due August 23 12:49:40. It will be finished by morning.

Trifid said:
TRAITOR!!! :p

I have got another question, is this the same one that XS are doing?

Also, why does it change what it is doing? It said WU end 1day, then it said 2days and now it is on 4days and 4 hours. :(

Well this is my Second Forum, So really I am a traitor to them for being here. :p

And Now Im running SETI on that Dell and this PC for that forum. :)

Trotter said:
CCleaner has a registry cleaner. I use TweakNow for this:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/TweakNow_RegCleaner_Standard_d4134.html

Follow it up with RegCompact 1.8 to defrag your registry:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/RegCompact_d465.html
You'll have to restart when it is done.

Still the same result. Anything slightly taxing with it open causes hangs. (And din't delete the annoying FRAPS - should be illegal for a company to add software that can't be deleted with out a format.)

Sorry about that Trotter, I was falling asleep and probably clicked the wrong thread, cause I just did the quick reply.. lol

Anyways, yeah, you were correct... I am not exactly sure when it will be done, cause it is hooked up to the TV, and the resolution is terrible... using it for recording shows is flawless, and perfect, but reading text, makes me dizzy... lol. By the time I woke up, 4500 of 50000 frames were complete... It will be done in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom