Computer rebooted itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg300

Solid State Member
I posted something similar yesterday about how I cleaned my computer then all of a sudden my screen would go blank. Someone suggested that I replug in my video card. Well today for the first time the screen went blank and it totally restarted. Then I got this message saying something about "windows recovered from serious error" or something like that. My computer is about 4 years old, heres my components:

Windows XP professional Service pack 2
Intel pent 4 2.4GHz CPU
Gigabyte 8lPE1000P motherboard with intel i865P/PE/G/i848P chipset
512mb Single channel DDR memory- PC2700 (166MHz)
6800 GT 258MB video card
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Realtek AC97 Audio card
DirectX 9.0c
CPU temperature is about 47 degrees Celcius
350 W power supply

Could it still possibly be the video card isnt fully all the way in or do you think its a more serious matter?
If you need to know anything else I will be happy to tell you what else I have in my machine. This happened after I cleaned it, thanks for your help

do these temps and voltages seem ok?

Monitoring Chip : ITE IT8712F
CPU Core : 1.50 V
Aux. : 2.56 V
+3.3V Voltage : 3.33 V
+5V Voltage : 4.19 V
+12V Voltage : 11.25 V
Processor Fan : 2518 rpm
Processor Temperature : 25 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 25 °C
Power/Aux Temperature : 39 °C
:
Monitoring Chip GPU : nVidia Driver
GPU Temperature : 76 °C
GPU Ambient : 53 °C
GPU Fan : 52%
:
Hard Disk Temperature WDC WD800JB-00ETA0 : 42 °C

If you need anymore information about my computer to help me solve this problem I can get it for you. Ive downloaded a few of the monitoring programs from around the forum.

I apologize for the triple post as well, Im just nervous and antsy that something could be wrong with my machine.

I was curious about this

+3.3V Voltage : 3.33 V
+5V Voltage : 4.19 V
+12V Voltage : 11.25 V

it says +3.3v, +5V, and +12V. Are the voltages actually supposed to be above those?

Please anyone?

Hey dude, yea those voltages look like crap. Basically the 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rails should be pumping out atleast x amount (12v = 12v, not 11.25!).

Sounds to me like your power supply is on the way out. I would replace it with a 400watt or more.

The thing is, it was running good before I cleaned it out. Could some static maybe have got to it a little bit? It never did anything like this before I cleaned it. But I read on another forum someone with a similar situation and he said his voltages werent adding up. Thats why I brought that up. And thanks for the post, its nice to finally get some feedback. Ive been searching stuff up for about 7 hours now trying to figure this out.

I just noticed something when I went into my event log for my system. Theres an event with the source being "Save Dump" and it says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. It gives some numbers and then it says "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071006-02.dmp. Does this ring a bell to anyone? Could it be the problem?

UPDATE: I shut down my computer last night and when I rebooted it the "Windows has recovered from a serious error" thing came up and I took screen shots of the error. Hope this will help out even more. I went and did this http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/667604320.shtml
hopefully that helps, I shall see.

Attachments

• fullerror.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 26
Mods just delete this, if only one person will manage to try and help someone then Im switching to another forum. Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom