Reverse HyperThreading does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infomatic

Banned
*Mumble Grumble* Guess that means Core Multiplexing was only a dream too. I wonder...

APOLOGIES to the fanbois, but I am about to kill some nice AMD dreams. Reverse Hyperthreading does not exist. It's one of the bigger loads of bluff and bluster cooked up in a long time.

AMD doesn't have any such technology. It would like to have it but even the upcoming K8L quad core won't be able to present a dual or quad core as a single core to the Operating system.

On the other hand AMD doesnÂ’t not need such a marchitecture as the operating systems are getting used to a dual and later quad machines. It's just a dream that someone set afloat but AMD doesn't have such a marchitecture.

lol, I bet you're having a major party right now, Infomatic :p .

Well who cares, as it states, the OS's are already getting used to dual and quad cores.. why reverse it to a single core?... I Said it from the start -.-

-Jo.

No, actually. Not only was I very happy for AMD for [supposedly] developing this technology, but it also meant that Intel had the same thing. Now that this has come out, I doubt that Core Multiplexing is what we think it is. Now, if Core Multiplexing is indeed the RHT of Intel, and its actually incorporated into Conroe, then yes, I will have a party. But as it looks right now, neither has this technology and we're back to square one.

The advantage of this was though that 90% of our programs and an even higher percentage of the code out there, is written for single-core processors. I'm talking billions of dollars' worth. No one's going to go back and write all the again for Dual Cores. This technology would've granted an enormous advantage in those single-threaded applications, without our having to do much at all. Oh well, it was a nice dream.

Meh. I never expected something like that anyway.

[sarcasm] Why help with the past when you can make money off of the future? [/sarcasm]

I just read that Intel is working on anti-reverse Hyperthreading where eight cores operate as one. Addtionally, the new ARH technology will come with direct USB 3.0 hot swapable CPU to Hypothalamus connectors which will provide the capability of continuous multiple orgasms while playing Battle Field IV. Shiser................Nerd dreams come true!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
I just read that Intel is working on anti-reverse Hyperthreading where eight cores operate as one. Addtionally, the new ARH technology will come with direct USB 3.0 hot swapable CPU to Hypothalamus connectors which will provide the capability of continuous multiple orgasms while playing Battle Field IV. Shiser................Nerd dreams come true!!!

Lol. You captured the essence of all of this hooplah right there. :p

And yet it did nothing but serve to annoy me. Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything useful to contribute to the thread.

Infomatic said:
And yet it did nothing but serve to annoy me. Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything useful to contribute to the thread.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... maybe you shouldn't get annoyed so easily.

Besides. There's nothing left to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom