What could the problem be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukes

Solid State Member
Hi, i posted thread a little while ago based on what was happening when i played games, it would work fine for anywhere between 30mins-2 and a half hours of game play, but then suddenly the FPS drops and the whole game(battle field 2, world of warcraft, even civilization 4) lags.

At first i thought it was my video card over heating, so i bought a artic cooler, assuming that would prevent the FPS from dropping. i was wrong, after installing it, it didn't the exactly same thing.

At this point i am very fustrated and can't seems to sieze the problem. i aired out all the dust in my computer, stopped alot of unnecessary programs from starting up, at which point my processes only run about 28%.i have 4 fans running but i'm not sure if its a heating problem at this point. i can really use any assistence u can give me to solve this crisis.

Thank you

hi dukes, i'm a couple of days late! have u sorted the prob yet?
if not; what's ur system? have u got a system monitor, like mbm5 to show ur temperatures and voltages? ati or nvidia card? monitor the temps... seems like ur running out of steam somewhere along the line. could be psu, video card....few details maybe, might help.

Run Memtest86 and check out that memory under load. If not the memory then you would be wise to evaluate the load cpu temps for your system. I'm going with the memory but you may need to add a CPU heatsink and fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom