wd raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm0030

Baseband Member
i am going to buy the wd 74gb hdd. its is 16mb cache 10,000rpm.
my question is, is it worth getting 2 and running raid to make it faster or is the one drive just fast enough.

i am going to be using it for basic computer uses like, internet, music stuff like that. but i would also be using it for gaming such as bf2 doom quake 4.

thanks

well as long as that is enough capacity i dont think it would be worth getting another for raid to improve speed
i mean most people get along gaming with a single 7200rpm disk fine

also raptors are expensive and i wouldnt suggest it unless you really needed it
maybe add on like a larger capacity sata drive if u need more space
theyre much cheaper and from wat u say its all u shoud need

You would be best off with one 74 Gig Raptor to load the OS onto, and other software, and using a secondary LARGER HDD for files like music...

yea i have a 7200rpm 120gb hard drive i was going to use for files like music and stuff but what should i put on the raptor? obviously the os but should i put my games on it too??

thanks

Ethereal_Dragon said:
You would be best off with one 74 Gig Raptor to load the OS onto, and other software, and using a secondary LARGER HDD for files like music...

Meaning, OS & applications on the Raptor

Secondary HDD for file storage... music, movies, pictures, etc. etc. etc.

yes... os, games, all ur programs on that raptor.. and all your other little things like word documents, pics, psd's, pdf's, music, video's and all that good stuff that takes up alot of hdd space goes on ur 120 gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom