Wireless internet on laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyboy316

Baseband Member
I currently am looking for a laptop with wireless internet. I need help in determening the best option.

Is there any way you can get a laptop with wireless internet anywhere?

I currently work nights at a gas station, and iwll need this for schooling soon. I also want to know what it's called, so I can look online for some laptops.

Or if possible, the gas station is only a bout 500 metres or so from my house, so if I could get a laptop with a really long range wireless internet, thatwould be good too.

Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated, as I'm really lost in this.

Well, my budget isn't really decided yet. I live in Canada,, so I'll say max is probably close to $1000.

I haven't really had too much experience with macs, but is every game available on macs too? If they are, I won't care probably. Especially if it's cheaper... :p

dustyboy316 said:
Well, my budget isn't really decided yet. I live in Canada,, so I'll say max is probably close to $1000.

I haven't really had too much experience with macs, but is every game available on macs too? If they are, I won't care probably. Especially if it's cheaper... :p

I can't remember if Canadian dollars are worth more or less than American dollars, but I think they're worth less. So what I was going to suggest is out of your budget. As for games, you can put Windows on the Intel Mac's and play games that way. :)

Check it out: http://www.apple.com/macbook

Most laptops now have built-in wireless adapters so you wouldn't need that thing you linked.

You won't be able to get wireless internet at that range of 500 metres, but chances are there is a network you can steal from. ;)

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Yes, you can get wireless internet, but it will cost more than a wired broadband connection (from what I have seen doing MINIMAL research.... might NOT be the case though)...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/index.jsp

http://www.boingo.com/

Just remember... GOOGLE is your friend...

I tried googling it, but it came up with a lot of info and I wasn't sure what was correct or not.

Anyways, if I can't get just wireless is there ne way to get it connected to a router pretty far away.

Also, if this dosen't work, my friend had a laptop a few years back and he could use the internet connections of places. I don't know how he did it, but if I can't get direct wireless, I think this would be an option too.

I found a laptop for $1000.

It's the HP Multimedia Laptop zd8000

Is it what I'm looking for as far as wireless internet goes?

also just be careful because i thought it was illegal to steal from wireless networks
anyway u can also get wireless internet anywer over the 3G and CDMA networks
its more expensive, slower and u will probley only be able to use it in your laptop
atleast down under we hav that
maybe u should check it out for ureself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom