laptop for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
hi,
k my friend needs a laptop for light gaming and doing his sats on (which he has soon).A good graphics and proccesser would be nice for all around £500.He is looking at dells but i sterred him away.good adveice or not any cheers,
sol

if your into pc's and and do a lot, lot of gameing then a dell is not the way to go, if your going to be playin warcraft III from time to time and typing up a word document then you dont need anything crazy. dell is a fine machine for your avg. user. we dont like dells in here(i say we cuz like 99% of us dont like dells) because we build our own systems, liking knowing what parts are in and, and custumizing it to our needs, and its what we are into. work and school, a dell is fine.

King X13 said:
if your into pc's and and do a lot, lot of gameing then a dell is not the way to go, if your going to be playin warcraft III from time to time and typing up a word document then you dont need anything crazy. dell is a fine machine for your avg. user. we dont like dells in here(i say we cuz like 99% of us dont like dells) because we build our own systems, liking knowing what parts are in and, and custumizing it to our needs, and its what we are into. work and school, a dell is fine.

Yeah like 99% of us build our own laptops :rolleyes:

Make sure you don't go with integrated intel graphics :). Upgrade to at least an X1400 to play some games on low settings. Dell laptops are fine :classic:

hey PZEROFGH

if you look even what you quoted me in i said PC's ;) and since you clearly think pc's ment laptop, i wanted to let you know it doesnt. and thats why i help you out and understand that pc's are different. so when i said we built pc's it didnt mean we built laptops ;). thus why i told him a dell would be fine cuz you dont really build laptops and ppl flame dell pc's cuz they can build better ones. if you are still have trouble understanding what a pc is try googling it :)

Let's go analyze your quote

f your into pc's and and do a lot, lot of gameing then a dell is not the way to go, if your going to be playin warcraft III from time to time and typing up a word document then you dont need anything crazy. dell is a fine machine for your avg. user.

Ok, yes dell is not good for gaming, unless you shell out 2k dollars for a PC, then dell would be god for gaming :).
if you are still have trouble understanding what a pc is try googling it

Oh yeah defintion of PC : personal computer = desktop or laptop

we dont like dells in here(i say we cuz like 99% of us dont like dells) because we build our own systems, liking knowing what parts are in and, and custumizing it to our needs, and its what we are into. work and school, a dell is fine.

Well you can customize your own laptop :)

And where do you say dell is good in any part of your quote, I see dell is good for work and school but where is for gaming? All I see is dell laptop's are bad for gaming :confused:

Does he even need to know what you think about desktops?

thus why i told him a dell would be fine cuz you dont really build laptops and ppl flame dell pc's cuz they can build better ones

When did you say dell was fine? Oh yeah for work and documents, and also WoW. But is he playing WoW, who knows :freak:

:classic:

so can anyone give me specific models that would be good for the things he's using it for (seen i my first post above)
Cheers,
sol

my bro has a dell and he plays wow on high and bf2 on medium.i think he found a deal online and only payed like somewere around 1000$ for it. its the e1501 model or something in that nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom