Hi, I'm a Mac... Hi, I don't care....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A(slightly ironic how i have a 4.0 GPA in college and like a 3.2 in high school..) "

Most people Do alot better in College then in HS, I know I will because In high School, No Class I did Interested me or went towards my Major really.

thats what i've always said, question, does anyone's high school not require biology or chemistry or anything beyond like..basic..science?

Once you hit high school, you learn nothing new (outside of mathematics).

I was soooooo bored in high school that I was going to quit. I helped my dad with his GED when I was in 4th grade, so I knew I could ace it with my eyes closed. Thankfully, I met my wife in high school, and stayed in school just to get to see her.

IBMan said:
thats what i've always said, question, does anyone's high school not require biology or chemistry or anything beyond like..basic..science?

My high school, L'Anse Creuse High School North, only requires 2 years of science. You can take physical science and biology and be done with it. They offer chemistry and physics, but only after you pass biology (which requires you to be in geometry, but they have NO significance together at all).

Trotter, that sounds like my current situation. I hate high school so much i'm ready to drop out, BUT i met my girlfriend here and today is our 7th month being together (it's also my birthday, ironically enough), and i'm staying mostly for her. I'm sure i'm going to have an easier time in college, but god, i hate high school. The ONLY class that will (maybe) have me interested in, is programming next year. That's one class out of the currently two full years of high school.

There is only one reason that i like Mac's over PC's. You don't need an antivirus, since Macintosh's can't have viruses installed on them.

I run Windows on my Mac.

I bought a Mac because they make quality laptops, and you can't deny that.

I can run whatever OS I want on my computer, can you?

Anyway, I two problems with these ads, then I'll get to individual responses.

1. In the ad depicting a PC and a Mac coming "out-of-thebox" the PC says "I have to erase all this trial software from my harddrive" and the Mac says he's ready to go. I've installed Windows on computers before, and Mac OS X, and in my experience, Windows comes with no trial software, and Mac OS X comes with Filemaker 7 trial, MS Office trial and iWork trial.

2. In the ad where the Mac says "Hi, I'm a Mac." and the PC says "And I'm a PC" just to hear the Mac say "So am I." The Mac was clearly talking about using Parallels to run Windows, too bad PearPC can run Mac OS, granted is extremely slow, but this is a false statement, the better thing would be to talk about Boot Camp, but it's beta still so they can't market it I guess.

On to the individual responses, in no specific order:

peterhuang913 said:
is it just me or are the apple mac commercials getting more aggressive? just a lil thought i came out with.

Is it just me, or has Microsoft always been aggressive with their marketing? Nope, its true guys. Aggressive marketing is allowed here on Earth. Guess it's just a double standard, Apple isn't "cool" enough for you guys to let them market aggressively. Maybe they should just close down and stop everything and open a Taco-Bell.

Trotter said:
Yeah, they are.

Funny how they don't mention things like games run on PCs, as well as 99% of the rest of the software on the planet.

Oh really? What about the vast population of OSS that is available for Linux and MacOS as well as Windows? Strange, I've managed to find all sorts of programs for Mac OS for free. But I guess you're right, you must be right. 99% of the software for Windows is plagued with spyware and other kinds of malware, I can't even search Google for a program for Windows without getting spammed with fake websites and viruses.

Ste said:
I just ignore them, much as I do with alot of other things, Only ignorant people believe Comercials anyways.
Inteligent People do reasearch.

I must agree, commercials are annoying. Why should I have to sit through ads if i pay the cable bill every month??

IBMan said:
they're completely inaccurate and utterly pathetic, especially the one where they're about to get "setup" and the pc has to "erase eval software of fhis hard drive and read manuals" well...if you buy a pc, its not gonna come with an eval os, and if you build ur own theres nothing on the hard drive, If i build a pc i dont have to read a manual where if i bought a mac i know i would.

Completely innaccurate? Utterly Pathedic?

I'm tired of you people saying you don't want to learn something new. YOU DID NOT KNOW HOW TO USE WINDOWS WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED.

Here's what I think is pathedic: The fact that there is an operating system with the long title of "Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005."

talldude123 said:
When are they going to incorporate AMD with Mac's? That would make people want to switch.

Never.

talldude123 said:
Also, Apple only sells one type of computer, a custom built, expensive white box. No clones...:(

Strange, last I checked they sold 4 different kinds of laptops, a mini desktop, an all-in-one desktop, a tower desktop, servers, monitors, etc...

talldude123 said:
There is only one reason that i like Mac's over PC's. You don't need an antivirus, since Macintosh's can't have viruses installed on them.

Believe me, if 95% of the world's computer owners had Mac's, there would be thousands of viruses for Mac's also.

That and when the **** are people going to stop calling computers with Windows on them "PC's" ????????????

My Linux "PC" doesn't require an anti-virus either.

IBMan said:
the 2 mac freaks in my school(history teacher and this loser i have to work with every day, yea hes a loser besides the fact that he's in love with macs so dont think thats the only reason) they push it constantly how, o, well see how ur having a problem making this work? i could take care of that in 2 seconds on a mac. When he's the one who setup the mac server that the elementary school wanted setup which was a pain, it took him 4 days to set something up it'd take me about 3 hours to do in windows server. he's not certified in apple, hasn't taken any apple classes, i'm not MS certified nore have i taken any classes and hes had more experience with apple server than I have w/ windows server. I think thats kinda sad. Especially when he thinks hes better than u at everything else.

Yeah, those smug Mac attitudes actually do bug me too. Jesus doesn't write software. All software has problems, he needs to realize this. Tell your teacher he can stuff his Mac server. Mac servers are good for one thing: rooms full of Macs, like the Photoshop lab at the college I went to. All the rest ran either Windows or Linux.

Trotter said:
Doesn't matter.

Appleheads are like cultists. They want to convert everyone.

Windows may suck sometimes, but it is what we know, and games are built for it. Most of what I use my comp for could be done on a Mac, but BF2 and such... no.

The only thing Windows has on Linux and MacOS is DirectX games, and a few proprietary programs like AutoCAD that are plagued with Windows integration therefore making them impossible to run in Wine.

And last but not least:

Trotter said:
Which is why I'll never own one.

On another forum I frequent, there's a guy who pushes Macs constantly. Drives me nuts... because most people out there don't know the difference.

That's the point of the commercials. People see how slick the Mac sounds as compared to the parody of the PC it is compared to, and they go out and buy one. It's only later that they discover that all the software they go out and buy will not work on their new white box... and pity them if they want to play games...

Everyone else is playing BF2 and Doom3, and their kid is playing some five year old game using an emulater...

Yeah, pity them if they only have to spend a total of 30 minutes installing Windows on their brand new Mac to play those damned DirectX games they have to have.

You realize that out of the two games you noted, one is Windows only, and the other has Linux AND Mac versions? You could have at least picked a different game. I play Doom 3 on my Mac and on my Linux box all the time. Works great. It's a Universal Binary also.

Hey, so is Quake 4!

Oh and we even have Call of Duty 2 now! I have no idea how they pulled that off, must have converted the whole game to OpenGL, but here check it out:

http://www.apple.com/games/

Wtf? There's Halo for Mac? I thought Halo was Microsoft's game, why would they make a Mac version of it?

Okay I'm done editing this post, I've been editing it over and over for like an hour.

I do have to agree with a lot of your post, that's actually the first time i've seen a guy who likes macs actually agree with a lot of wat windows fanboys say without completely crushing it with another comment. I'm actually sort of impresssed. I do have to say though that for my entire lifetime windows had been dominant, therefore when I did start getting into computers there was more help out there for me than there was for other os's. I am trying to play more and more with linux but too much of it is too much of a pain. Having so many different ways to install applications thru command line is getting to be a pain, P&C installs are so much nicer and make so much more sense. Not saying its complete crap though. I still hope MS comes to more of their senses and kills it all with the next release after vista.

Yeah, I consider myself *completely impartial* when it comes to talking about the quality of an OS. I use all three equally and they are all equally necessary to me.

It's just that when Windows fanboys complain about Mac OS X, to me that's the same as Mac OS X fanboy's complaining about Windows. ;)

Sorry about the huge long post by the way. :)

lol, to me that wasnt a problem at all, i've seen MAC only fanboys write posts twice that long bashing windows completely for things untrue which just gets ugly and makes no sense, it was fun to read knowing that u weren't completely bashing mac or windows.

who wants to bet "PC" in the commercial doesnt use windows but is an all out hardcore mac user

PC's have come a long way; from powering businesses to having a billion-dollar operating system.

Mac's are so expensive, you only see major graphic artists using them, and even the Mac Mini's are kind of pricey for what you get, a white box with an Intel motherboard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom