battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

capriceswangin

Solid State Member
i have a compaq v2030us and i was wondering what tips people may have for me to keep my battery life the best it can be. i have heard things like never charge you battery unless its completely dead, and things like this, but i dont know for sure. any help will be appreciated

Turn off the monitor instead of using a screen saver.

Dim the screen so it's not as bright.

Leave it on standby as much as possible.

ALso, in the power settings (in control panel) set it to turn the hard disks off after as short a time as possible when using the battery. And leave the optical drive empty whenever possible, spinning up the hd and dvd drives use up lots of juice.

other than that dont worry about not charging the battery unless it is dead because that will become an easy nag in your time

with the charging battery when empty i don't think is applicable to lithium ion batteries, which i believe most laptops use. if you're using a nickel hydrite cadmium (lol no idea what how it goes..) then you gotta wait till its dead before you recharge.

Nothing uses nicad anymore, Li-Ion batteries don't have any charging issues, never have. All laptops built within the last several years use Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom