Problems updating my .Net Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerowenn

Solid State Member
Ok, I need my .Net Framework updated to run a new program. When I downloaded the v3.0 from Microsoft's updates page, I ran through the installation process, somewhere during either the download or installation a problem occured and it stopped. I'm not sure which phase it was on because I left my system to work on it's own a while (updating). Anyhow I restarted and tried to install again, the same problem occurs. So I decided to try Windows update directly from the start menu, I selected the .Net Framework update along with others, the same thing happened during this completely different process, except it told me to add/remove the patch KB888162 (the one I was installing). Or contact my system admin. So I did so, and I still can't get anything to work. Is there something obvious that's wrong? The program started with the error that I needed a newer version of .Net Framework, now it says that the proper error message could not be displayed because some .dll file didn't work or something. And it says that I need to reinstall .Net Framework... yeah sure thing, if I could! Please anyone that knows the potential problem help me out. Thanks for reading.

I'm about to give up on this, no one I've asked seems to know, and nothing I've done works either. No one has a clue?

I have never installed or used .NET framework. Sorry buddy, you'll have to use an old version or uninstall it.

It used to say:

"To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .Net Framework:
v2.0.50215

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate versions of the .Net Framework"

v but now I'm getting a completely different error, still having to do with net framework, but it just says to reinstall it and that the proper error message couldn't be posted because a .dll file failed to run. So what's a good course of action heh?

No I can't remember, I'm not around the system I'm having problems with either. But I'm almost positive that it's not the .dll file causing problems, that file is most likely part of the .Net Framework installation, and since the installation was faulty it probably messed that up as well. I'm getting a lot of suggestions to try and uninstall .Net framework completely and reinstall it fresh, that seems to fix a lot of problems but I have yet to see one like mine exactly. Keep the ideas coming please, I'll be home in a while and should be able to give it a shot.

OH and by the way, if this helps anyone with coming up for the answer, the program I'm trying to run is for a game server. Iit is the actual server application, and it's other tools have the same trouble.

The .NET should be available at the Windows Update site. .NET 3 is a Beta software and shouldnt be needed in any applications as of yet. So you most likely need the .NET 2 Update. that should be available at the Update site.

.NET 3 was just realeased in Beta and isnt even included with Vista yet. I doubt that any XP app will have to have that installe dot use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom