THE BEST graphics card money can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the XFX 7950 GX2 XXX is the top card out at the moment. Highest clock speeds of all the 7950's. However good luck finding it in stock. The only place I found it in stock was dell.com or dell's small business site.

The 7950GX2 is the best GAMING card on the market without a doubt, but you should wait a few months for the DX10 compliant cards to come out, with NVidia releasing their G80 line and ATI with their R600 line.

The General said:
Do Quadros support SLi?

I wonder how Quadros are for gaming, I've never used one or seen benchmarks.

Bad. They are not made for gaming, they are made for 3D rendering and such. I'd imagine a cheap 200$ video card would out-perform a Quadro in games.

That makes no sense, as games are constant fast 3D rendering...

Maybe they have better driver integration with programs like 3Ds Max and Maya?

Quadros are meh for gaming, from what I'v read. 6600/6800GT speed, but they're rendering/editing beasts. On the topic of a serious gaming card, it's kind of a waste to get the 7950GX2 at this point, as DX10 is software limited, and you'd get a lot more out of its DirectX10 equivalent. (Whenever that's coming out.)

"That makes no sense, as games are constant fast 3D rendering..."

quattros are for real time rendering, for gamin the card just has to deal with prerendering. Quadros are just made to support creative professionals in every way possible. They are often rendering 24/7, doing work even after the user has left the office, and are made to be able to do so without any glitches, any geforce wouldnt likely be able to do that. Beyond that, the quadros just have a bunch of features that help them run all of the cad, etc programs smoothly.
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/faq.asp?faqlineid=44

triskit said:
"That makes no sense, as games are constant fast 3D rendering..."

quattros are for real time rendering, for gamin the card just has to deal with prerendering. Quadros are just made to support creative professionals in every way possible. They are often rendering 24/7, doing work even after the user has left the office, and are made to be able to do so without any glitches, any geforce wouldnt likely be able to do that. Beyond that, the quadros just have a bunch of features that help them run all of the cad, etc programs smoothly.
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/faq.asp?faqlineid=44

These cards use genlock' and "framelock" capabilities, similar to high-end visualization systems such as those produced by SGI or Sun. "Framelock" synchronizes the pixel clock used by the vertical refresh across multiple graphics boards, allowing multiple systems to be daisy-chained together. "Genlocking" allows multiple displays to be organized together, similar to the "video walls" created by placing a number of flat panel displays side by side.

Each card can use up to 256 Mbytes of on-card frame buffer memory, driving displays up to 3,840 x 2400 pixels. The cards can transfer up to 27.2 Gbytes/s in and out of memory, and draw over 100 million triangles a second.

Just try to get a display of 3840 x 2400 pixels on your PCIe SLI setup..................now you know why that cost so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom