$2000 Conroe PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though if you can affored, get a x1900xtx it pwns any Nvidia card I know of , and also you ARE buying an ATI supporting mobo, any ATI card would work better than a nvidia card on it..

the x1900xtx is out of my price range. i did some research, and the 7900 gt overclocked by eVGA is very close in bench mark scores, and definately the best price/performance card I could find.

By the way, I don't see any point in preordering. I want to see more proof before I get this new CPU. There's no point in getting a motherboard now, either.

There is plenty of benchmarks out ther performed both by intel and many other reputable sources.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/05/first_benchmarks_conroe_vs_fx-62/
the conroe clearly beats the fx-62, and its only half the price. seems like a good deal to me.

Ridlyn said:
Well im not building my pc until jan. 2007 anyway so i dont have to worry about conroe shortages.

Yeah, same here...prices should be down and AMD should have released their answer to Conroe by then, not to mention the G80 and R600 cards will be out.

Spartan666 said:
Yeah, same here...prices should be down and AMD should have released their answer to Conroe by then, not to mention the G80 and R600 cards will be out.

Meh. By then, there'll be something else to wait 3 more months for. It's a never-ending cycle. Besides, I can only stick with 256 megs of RAM for so long. :p

Spartan666 said:

AMD's not bringing anything until mid-2007. Dream on if you think they'll have something by January.

ahh.. i can't wait for conroe... out with the old in with the new! i was growing tired of my 146 anyway :( ..... oh how i blow money...

i need to start my conroe shopping soon! buy me an sli board, and some ddr1000 ram

Don't get the ASUS motherboard. Asus boards tend to have chips that overheat. I have first hand experience with that. I would get a DFI instead.

Shocker said:
Don't get the ASUS motherboard. Asus boards tend to have chips that overheat. I have first hand experience with that. I would get a DFI instead.

Asus makes excellent motherboards.

Shocker said:

Maybe some Asus borads get a little hot, but this one has heatpipe cooling on the northbridge, and seems to work well. Asus boards are solid, although so are DFI. I would get a DFI but I cant find any that will support Conroe by the time i need to build it. and besides, I know the Asus im gettin is overpriced, but its packed with features, just take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom