The most insane build ever planning ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be pretty **** expensive. I think he should stick to SATA. PCI SCSI RAID cards are still expensive, and they are really slow. I think you would need at least PCI-e x8 to have good performance with SCSI, but I could possibly be wrong.

put two massive 30" apple monitors together .. not sure how but they had done it in the apple store in london

most modern motherboards support some kind of RAID.
i dont think that many can suport RAID 5 and certainly not as SCSI so yeah it would have to be a add in card but that shouldnt matter with an infinate budget right :).
and as for the 30" monitors, that will just be a dual monitor set up :D

sailpog said:
put two massive 30" apple monitors together .. not sure how but they had done it in the apple store in london

Yeah, that would be $5000. Kind of over budget.

KMOTE said:
most modern motherboards support some kind of RAID.
i dont think that many can suport RAID 5 and certainly not as SCSI so yeah it would have to be a add in card but that shouldnt matter with an infinate budget right :).
and as for the 30" monitors, that will just be a dual monitor set up :D

$5000 isn't an infinite budget. ;)

hrmm... i don't see why everyone is talking about scsi.... why does he really need it? a raptor would do just fine.. with all the extra money he'd have to spend on scsi he could be buying other things... like maybe the new x-fi with 256 mb ram O_O ... not thats crazy.... and whats with the massive psu's?? i think a 750 fortron source would do just dandy.. don't need no 1 kw... i saw you just get a 250 gb raptor, use that for games,and a regular 250 gb hdd for music and such.... there is no need for scsi, he does not in any way need to access any file that fast by any means... lemme put down what i think...

Conroe e6600
2 gigs of ddr2 1000.... or whatever speed it was
2 geforce 8's (if that)
750 watt fortron source psu
x-fi fatality? or something like that.. with the 256 mb ram
logitech z5500
250 gb raptor
250 or 750 gb hdd with 16 mb cache
hd-dvd drive (whenever those come out)

i think that should do just fine.. and you shoudnt need to get much more than that for a gamers use...

NosBoost300 said:
hrmm... i don't see why everyone is talking about scsi.... why does he really need it? a raptor would do just fine.. with all the extra money he'd have to spend on scsi he could be buying other things... like maybe the new x-fi with 256 mb ram O_O ... not thats crazy.... and whats with the massive psu's?? i think a 750 fortron source would do just dandy.. don't need no 1 kw... i saw you just get a 250 gb raptor, use that for games,and a regular 250 gb hdd for music and such.... there is no need for scsi, he does not in any way need to access any file that fast by any means... lemme put down what i think...

Conroe e6600
2 geforce 8's (if that)
logitech z5500
250 gb raptor

i think that should do just fine.. and you shoudnt need to get much more than that for a gamers use...

agreed with most of that. If you have about $500 or so left after the monitor, I would get a good custom WC system to OC the e6600 in there.

NosBoost300 said:

Conroe e6600
2 geforce 8's (if that)
logitech z5500
150 gb raptor

You meant the 150gb raptor. Wish it was 250gb. :)

And you won't want to get an HD-DVD drive. Go Blu-Ray! HD-DVD is the inferior product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom