STOP: 0x0000007E, (0xC0000005, 0xAAE1F4D0,

Status
Not open for further replies.

granty39

Beta member
I am using an ACER laptop with Windows XP Professional installed. When I start the machine I am getting a STOP error: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xAAE1F4D0, 0xF8898FC8, 0xF8898CC4) "A Problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer." I have tried working through the responses (safe mode, restore, etc) but this has not worked. When I tried to restore to an earlier date, the laptop restarts, but I still get the same error. I have searched the web for the error but can only find "STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, " none of the rest of the error seems to exist. I don't have a Creative Sounds sound card (which this errors is for) therefore I cannot delete it. I am a bit stuck as to what to do next. I did read something last night about recovering from set up discs but I don't have a floppy drive and that was the only solution I could find. Can anyone help me to solve the error please? And does anyone know how to make a set up CD for the laptop (if this is going to help me) or for the future please? Thanks in advance. granty

What are you referring to when you say repair. Repair to what? Software, hardware, etc. Can you be more specific please with some instructions with what I need to do.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom