Problem starting up a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fafik90

Beta member
I recently put a new hard drive in one of my computers because the old one crashed and wanted to install windows 2000. I started the installation procces and then at the end it said that it will restart to finish the setup. so it restarts but then an error comes up saying error occured loading the operating system. What should I do to make it work. It worked on it before when I had an old hard drive

Have you tried to restart again. If so and it still isnt working try to install over again. Pick the same partition and reformat and dont use quick format.

I tried restarting and even changing the booting order and still nothing. I tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. What's wrong with it?

hmmm...do you have multiple hard drives in the system? If so be sure (not in the boot order) in the hard drive boot order you have the correct drive with the OS selected...otherwise it could be trying to boot your slave with no OS thus the error.

I tried this hard drive in my other computer berfore I tried installing the os. It worked fine on the other computer

Sounds like a device conflict or a RAM issue.

If there is a problem with one of your sticks of RAM, it can cause a nightmare trying to install Windows. Try removing all but 1 stick and installing windows again. Also I would unplug everything except the "barebones".

I only have one stick of ram in it
There is nothing really besides just the barebones

Check the internal power cable of the HDD. Sometimes due to poor connection the drive cannot be powered up properly. I experienced such a problem before. Can be very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom