Z-5500's putting out too much bass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
as said.. its putting out way too much bass to the speakers.. even when i put the redirection to the sub... i can only put the bass at about 80 percent from the x-fi menu before the speakers start fizzeling with bass!! i don't know if this is really a problem.. but if i could fix it, it would be nice.. because i would very much love to see just how much bass this z5500 can put out :p

btw, i just have the creative x-fi extreme music or whatever.. the cheapy one...

With my sound card, I have to mess with the "mixer" settings to get good sound quality.

Have you tried going into the control panel/sounds and audio devices. Then once that's loaded click on advanced in the device volume box. If the bass slider isn't there go to options/properties and tick the boxes that apply to you. Personally I like all the boxes ticked and then I can play around with the sound how I like it. I was getting the same problem as you (with a sound blaster) and had to turn down the bass from there.

but wouldnt that drop the bass from the subwoofer as well? thats something i don't want to do...

i was thinking of going coax of fiber optics.. but i'd need some help with that, i wouldnt know how to go about getting fiber optics for these speakers

The bass from your sub should be cross over........The EQ bass for the speakers and sub levels should be independently adjustable. You need to read the manual to figure out what it is that you want.

well.. there is nothing for independent switching of bass in my x-fi menu or my speaker channel remote thing.. soooo.. i just may be shat out of luck

i didnt say i wasnt happy!!! cuz i love em more than you know!! i'm a music lover and respect music way too much to hate these.. the clarity is awesome.. i never loved swing music more than this.. and oldies.. all of it just sounds so beautiful.. i could cry listening to some of my music because it just sounds so beautiful, i was just hoping to get a lil more out of em.. but if not, i don't care.. because they're just dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom