My 2.4P4 will only clock at 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say RAM...

The RAM can't operate passed it's max operating frequency. If that max operating frequency is less than what the FSB wants to run at, then things won't work well. It may be determining what the RAM is set to run at, and matching the FSB to match that clock.

Maybe see if you can raise the multiplier to get to 2.4.

nitestick said:
not entirely sure what the 64 stands for but it seems it is PC2100 (DDR266) with a CAS of 2 and it is 256mb. which brings us back to the fact that it seems locked at DDR200. perhaps it doesn't like the fact you have two mixed sticks. try them seperately.

I tried using one stick at a time.....made no difference.

maybe the motherboard is jumpered. I had that problem with the family's Athlon XP system. changing the FSB in the BIOS didn't change anything, but I found out I had to set jumpers.

apokalipse said:
maybe the motherboard is jumpered. I had that problem with the family's Athlon XP system. changing the FSB in the BIOS didn't change anything, but I found out I had to set jumpers.

There are jumpers that set up FSB??? If you are talking about the jumpers that reset bios, then they are in the correct positions...my bios is not reseting as i have options enabled that aren't defualt such as quickboot/SMART etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom