Installing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I know its something very common, but for me to install another fan, would I just need to simply cut into my case from the side (it's an output fan) add a grill, throw on the fan, connect to w/e it needs to be connected to ?

so im being ignored? while people are asking stupid questions like requesting for computers in certain price ranges, installing graphics cards, and crap, i get ignored?

installing a fan isnt so simple as installing a **** graphics card...and im pretty darn sure if u want to add more fans youd have to do what i asked for.

No replies within 30 minutes is hardly being "ignored." Be patient.

Anyway, installing a fan is really easy in theory, but in practice you can run into some errors. Simply put, you just need to do as you said, cut a hole, screw it in, plug it in, and you're done. The cutting is done best/easiest with a hole saw. Drill some pilot holes for the fan screws. You honestly don't need to put a grill on, but if you have people/pets in the house that may be dumb enough to stick their fingers in, it'd be good to put one in. Unless you have a rheobus/fan controller, you just have to find a 3-pin connector on the motherboard to plug the fan in. Piece of cake, right? :)

pretty simple....ok fine sorry but i just keep seeing the worst topics ever....like ram upgrades, come on now, its not that hard unless you want to get to deep deep stuff that makes it run or w/e

so it depends on how many connectors are on the motherboard....
ive been thinkin of getting a fan controller but i dont know how those work, i been more focused on my psu and graphics card

I would get a grill anyways. You never know when papers or some small/pointy object will end up in there possibly damging the blades.

you can get them for $0.99 USD on Xoxide...

If you plug into your mobo you can control the speed with a program or the BIOS can do it for you. If you plug it straight into the PSU then you cannot change the speed at all. Or you could plug it into an aftermarket fan controller that you can manually change the speeds with.

I'd assume the aftermarket controllers has a seperate mode that can run as in the background controlling your fans automatically?

Fan controllers just control the amount of volatage (or wattage, I dont remember which, but basically the ammount of power) going to the fan. if it takes some of the power away, the fan only will have enough power to go a certain speed...

as far as making it go faster, they might have somethign on the PCB that can up the voltage (or wattage), sort of like a transformer station for your regular power lines.

Hope that helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom