Hi, I'm a Mac... Hi, I don't care....

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
is it just me or are the apple mac commercials getting more aggressive? just a lil thought i came out with.

Yeah, they are.

Funny how they don't mention things like games run on PCs, as well as 99% of the rest of the software on the planet.

I just ignore them, much as I do with alot of other things, Only ignorant people believe Comercials anyways.
Inteligent People do reasearch.

any other opinions? i was really hoping for something like Intel vs. Amd, which is better? but please dont start that here

they're completely inaccurate and utterly pathetic, especially the one where they're about to get "setup" and the pc has to "erase eval software of fhis hard drive and read manuals" well...if you buy a pc, its not gonna come with an eval os, and if you build ur own theres nothing on the hard drive, If i build a pc i dont have to read a manual where if i bought a mac i know i would.

When are they going to incorporate AMD with Mac's? That would make people want to switch.

Also, Apple only sells one type of computer, a custom built, expensive white box. No clones...:(

Also, Apple only sells one type of computer

Which is why I'll never own one.

On another forum I frequent, there's a guy who pushes Macs constantly. Drives me nuts... because most people out there don't know the difference.

That's the point of the commercials. People see how slick the Mac sounds as compared to the parody of the PC it is compared to, and they go out and buy one. It's only later that they discover that all the software they go out and buy will not work on their new white box... and pity them if they want to play games...

Everyone else is playing BF2 and Doom3, and their kid is playing some five year old game using an emulater...

found only ONE place selling custom built Mac's in Minnesota

Doesn't matter.

Appleheads are like cultists. They want to convert everyone.

Windows may suck sometimes, but it is what we know, and games are built for it. Most of what I use my comp for could be done on a Mac, but BF2 and such... no.

the 2 mac freaks in my school(history teacher and this loser i have to work with every day, yea hes a loser besides the fact that he's in love with macs so dont think thats the only reason) they push it constantly how, o, well see how ur having a problem making this work? i could take care of that in 2 seconds on a mac. When he's the one who setup the mac server that the elementary school wanted setup which was a pain, it took him 4 days to set something up it'd take me about 3 hours to do in windows server. he's not certified in apple, hasn't taken any apple classes, i'm not MS certified nore have i taken any classes and hes had more experience with apple server than I have w/ windows server. I think thats kinda sad. Especially when he thinks hes better than u at everything else.

haha, took a class with him(wish i didnt have to but was part of this program we're in) for routers and switches and stuff, and wow is he a loser, so this is a college class we both get college credit for, and he doesnt pay attention in class, hes always talking during the lectures. Now I will say that there are people that think this is a pretty tough class, for me i don't think its too bad, one page report due once a week on miscelaneous network equipment, a chapter to read once a week(not like its every day like high school) so i do the work, and during all the labs i always get stuck with this loser who i always have to wait for the next step so i can move on and be done with mine in 2 minutes waiting another 10 for him to figure it out or have me do it for him. Had to laugh cuz when I got my test score back for the exam i had a 74/80 for that section which was pretty high for what I thought I had cuz one of my routers puked at the end, he said he had an 80 something, which I laughed at cuz its not possible. turns out the teacher read ppl's scores at the end and he got a LOW B in the class while I set the curve for one of the tests and got an A(slightly ironic how i have a 4.0 GPA in college and like a 3.2 in high school..) I was so mad though when I read that you need a B or higher to obtain this college credit and I was going to freak if i ever found out those teachers gave him that low b to keep him out of C range, I swear these mac geeks are missing a few screws.

(sry i know that was off topic, but just to show the extent of how people will go to try to impress anyone with anything and how hilarious it is when it blows up in their face.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom