Media Player error after installing CATALYST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayalperest86

Beta member
machine: winxp home, ati radeon 9200

before: when i played a video file in media player or any player my tv was showing that video file in full screen even when media player window was inactive (when i was surfing web, etc and media player was running on the back) or when it's not in full screen mode. Which i loved!!!

what i did: install the latest version of CATALYST, happened a week ago or so, which i thought would be better since its the latest version. (by the way, before that installition was the factory one i guess, came inside the vaio package)

now: i can't view video files on tv unless i change tv to primary monitor and then i can't see it on computer.

PLEASE HELP ME! THEY HAVE THE WORST SUPPORT SERVICE, THIS FORUM IS MY ONLY HOPE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I CAN GIVE MORE DETAILS IF NEEDED.

Well, this could be easy or hard depending on your level of computer knowledge. The Radeon 9200 runs well on Catalyst 4.2 drivers and it sounds like you have a major conflict with 4.4. Do you have the latest DX version? The Radeon 9200 is not ment to run the DX9.0b versions well, it is a good DX8.1 video card. True many of you out there are running DX9.0b on a R9200 and it is fine, I realize that but it does not use alot of DX9.0Bs capabilities. I would first get into add/remove programs and remove the new video drivers. Reboot when it asks you to and install an earlier version of Catalyst drivers. This should fix your issue, if not let us know.

Hope this helps.

Yea, what crucial said...i did have a DX uninstaller and it was really nice..... but it does exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom